Last updated March 29, 2022
Nitex is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, we assure you that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Nitex may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 24, 2018. We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- personal Information, including company name, phone number, and email address
- billing and shipping information, including phone numbers
- demographic information such as a postal code, preferences and interests other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- providing you with information updates and asking questions about your order, delivery, designs, mockups, samples, etc. which are directly related to your purchase(s)
- improving our products and services.
- periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for internal market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We believe your Personal Information is private, and we do not share customer information as a general policy. We will not share, rent, lease, trade or otherwise sell your Personal Information for the benefit of other third-party companies without your explicit consent. We may share and disclose your Personal Information to the following types of third parties for these specific purposes:
- Our service providers: Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our Services and other business-related functions.
- Our Advertising partners: We may partner with third-party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share Personal Information with them for this purpose.
- Law Enforcement: a competent and recognized body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third-party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- A potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information(EEA Persons Only)
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Website; and for our marketing activities. If you are a customer, we may need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information. Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Customers and visitors who have opted into our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing and order information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management and successful delivery of your products and services, and you cannot opt out of these messages unless you cancel your account.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure thereof, we have implemented adequate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we’ll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our services.
- Whether you have the ability to access and delete your data within you’re Nitex account(s).
- Whether you would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until you remove it, or your accounts are closed or terminated.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
A cookie is a small file which requires your permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you allow our sites’ cookies, the file is saved and helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular page. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our websites. We use this information only for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system. By enabling us to see which pages you find useful, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you actively choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website’s abilities.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we no longer have control over your browsing experience. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites; such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
(i) We operate in the United States Our servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. We also maintain operations and offices in the Philippines and China and we may transfer or process your personal information, specifically as it relates to orders, to our employees in these countries. Personal information is not shared or supplied to third-parties except where necessary to deliver or ship your custom order. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy. (ii) Data transfers from the EU to the United States We are committed to subjecting all Personal Information received from the European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland. With respect to Personal Information received or transferred, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you believe that any information we have regarding your account with us incorrect or incomplete, or object to any of the terms herein, or have questions about the use of your Personal Information, or wish to close your account, please email us at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect and answer any additional questions you might have.